UC Berkeley. Info from their campus web site …………….
Two UC Berkeley undergraduate research apprentices are recreating an archaeological excavation site in Second Life as part of the Remixing Catalhoyuk project. Come visit Okapi Island in Second Life. I'm pleased to announce [3/6/2007] the purchase of Okapi Island in Second Life (coordinates forthcoming). We will use our 65,000 square feet of virtual property to
- Advance OKAPI's overall mission to pioneer new tools and practices for learning and sharing information,
- Capitalize on several months of exploratory work last semester,
- Apply the research of UC Berkeley Anthropology professor Ruth Tringham in remediating places
- Contribute an innovative remix of archeological data as part of the Remixing Çatalhöyük project, and
- Provide a venue for future research, learning and public outreach.
Program Manager for Open Knowledge and the Public Interest, Noah Wittman is an award-winning interactive media producer with ten years of experience developing multimedia websites, exhibits and curricula. Noah is currently managing the FIPSE Scholar's Box project, developing a new Center for Digital Scholarship, and other projects relating to public scholarship, outreach, and K-12 education.