Just passing this on...
Second Life Coordinator (Volunteer Positions)
TakingITGlobal is an international organization led by youth, empowered by technology that connects youth from around the world to find inspiration, information and get involved in improving their local, regional and global communities.
About TIG in Second Life
TIG is in the process of developing two spaces within Second Life: an island recently donated by Starwood Hotel and Resorts (SURL) and an office in the Non-Profit Commons (SURL). Once they are up and running, both spaces will provide our members with new and innovative ways to interact with each other, will showcase youth projects and youth-created artwork and will help us draw new audiences to TakingITGlobal's work.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Help TakingITGlobal staff design and implement their presence in on both the Aloft Island and in the Non-Profit Commons office.
• Coordinate live events include open discussions and featured speakers on the Aloft Island.
• Maintain regular office hours within the TIG office in Second Life.
• Advanced knowledge of the Second Life platform
• Basic design skills
• Interest in global issues and youth engagement
• Detail oriented and well organized
• Good communications skills (both written and oral)
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, including within virtual teams
• Significant interest in youth-related issues and experience working with young people from a wide variety of cultures
• Fluency in Spanish, French, Arabic, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian or Italian an asset
This is a virtual volunteer position(s), and as such is not tied to a specific geographic location.
Why work at TIG? Working at TIG is an opportunity to improve professional skills, and gain work experience in a positive environment with dedicated young people who want to make a difference. Alumni have gone on to work for leading global NGOs and community organizations, as well as to pursue advanced degrees at top universities around the world.
Human Resources - jobs -at- takingitglobal (dot) org
The application period for this position will be closing on Aug 17, 2007.