Saturday, June 2, 2007

SL Presentation Slides Available

by Esther Grassian

Yesterday I signed up for slideshare.net and posted my slide show there for the presentation I did yesterday in RL and in SL, for the California Library Association's Academic Section.
http://www.slideshare.net/estherg/second-life-for-cla/

There were about 35 academic librarians in attendance at Cal State Dominguez Hills, and a number of avatars in SL, though I don't know exactly how many. Many, many thanks are due to Lori Bell for setting up and pushing my slides in SL, and to Jeff Lebow of Worldbridges for helping me learn how to use Skype and then for streaming the audio into SL during the presentation. I couldn't have done it without your help--thank you both so much!

I'm about to send copies of my handouts to be mounted on the CLA web site and will send that url once they're up. Someone sent me a message,meanwhile, asking for the url of the critical thinking guide I created re Web 2.0+, so I'm pasting that in here in case anyone else would like to have it now, though it's included in the bibliography that will be mounted on theCLA web site:

"Thinking Critically About Web 2.0 and Beyond"
http://www.library.ucla.edu/libraries/college/help/critical/web20.htm

Esther Grassian
Information Literacy Outreach Coordinator
UCLA College Library

No comments: