From THE BLOG of Katharine Berry
...an AJAX based SL client.
It's still under heavy development, but the result so far is an application/page/site called AjaxLife.
- Basic map
- Accepting/declining teleport offers
- Local chat, instant messages (partially - you can't start them except with online friends)
- Inventory received notifications
- Friend on/offline notifications
- Balance change notifications, etc.
It also correctly logs you in and out, and notifies you if you were disconnected for any reason.
- It will not work correctly on the MG (well, the map won't anyway) - in the unlikely event anyone cares, sorry.
- IE7 refuses to register double clicks on the map, making it impossible to teleport using it. IE6 works fine here.
- There's no interface to start IMs implemented, although you can respond to those sent to you.
- Sometimes SL sends the teleport messages in the wrong order, resulting in the modal teleport wait dialog never leaving.
- Teleports sometimes complete without notification that they ever started.
- IE tends to screw up with dragging the map