We are delighted to announce the results of the Education UK island 2007/08 educational land grant project scheme.
Overall we were delighted by the number of applications and working through them was a tough process. We also decided that after reading through some of the applications, that not all of them were reliant on having an actual large land grant to achieve their objectives. Therefore, for those projects which met our criteria, we decided to extend the initative and offer awards of a free three story office space for an academic year.
The successful projects are:
FREE Office Space:
- University of Hull: Analysis of Virtual Transdisciplinary Spaces
- Association of Physical Educators: CPD Centre for Practitioner
- Staffordshire University: Involving learners in pedagogic research with Second Life
- University of the West of England: The Research Observatory at Second Life
- University of Derby: Blended learning revisited
- Mid Cheshire College: National Teaching and Learning Change Programme Project [NTLCP] [QIA Pilot Project]
- King George V College: Virtual tools for real learning
- Literature Alive: The British literature classroom
We have setup a programme office on Education UK Island, which will continue to develop. In this office we have outlined in more detail what each of the above projects is setting out to do, what they hope to achieve and other relevant information.
Each project has also been offered a free website, with a variety of tools/software to enable them to keep a record of their journey which can be viewed via the programme office.
Over the next week, we will be transfering land and grant monies to the projects to enable them to initiate their projects.
Background to the land grants projects can be found at:
Colleagues are reminded that applications for our free UK community development land grants programme closes on Monday 2nd July 2007.